Thursday, November 5, 2009

Message Boards for Writers

Posting to message boards is a great way to not only network, but to also build your writing skills while at the same time giving feedback to others. Your perspective on whatever topic is posted can be helpful and thought provoking in a way you might not have realized. There are countless writing topics available and if there isn't one then create it. When I post on the Absolute Write forum, I make sure to contribute informative content and not just always give a short, quick reply. Since I write Young Adult fiction I reply to posts that are relevant to the themes in my story.

This is an opportunity to introduce new readers to my writing who might have interest in knowing more about my work and the characters I create. And the same for me toward their work. Of the many networking opportunities on the internet, message boards are an excellent way of displaying your writing and creative thoughts. The next best thing for me is Blogger and then Twitter. I also use Shelfari to not only showcase what I've read, but also to network with others on the message boards, groups and review pages that are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment